Flowerheads are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you during your visit, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site flowerheads.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Flowerheads (the trading name of MJ & CE Newland, Youlton Lodge, Tollerton, York. YO61 1QJ) and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes to improve our service to you, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To share pages with social networks such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- To keep a record of what you have purchased in the past
Cookies are not dangerous, the cookie settings on this website are set to “allow all cookies”. By continuing to use this website and look at our products you are automatically consenting to this. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Flowerheads.co.uk currently uses Session and Persistent Cookies. Session Cookies are stored on the user’s computer memory for the duration of the time you spend on the website. They ensure you can navigate around the website without having to repeatedly log in. These Cookies are not accessible once you have navigated away from the website and are automatically deleted when the browser is shut down. Persistent Cookies are stored on the user’s computer memory so your details will be remembered when you next visit the website. They are used to track the number of visitors, average time on the site and shopping behaviour on the Flowerheads website.
Where We Store Your Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the UK. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Use of the Information
We will never share your information with third parties for marketing purposes. Any promotional email that you receive from us will always allow you to unsubscribe to further email promotions. If you wish to amend your information please visit the Your Account content page on our website.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer we will contact you by email only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data when you register.
Disclosure of Information
- If Flowerheads (trading name of MJ & CE Newland, Youlton Lodge, Tollerton, York. YO61 1QJ) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of MJ & CE Newland, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by the box on the form we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting at firstname.lastname@example.org and by unsubscribing to our mailing list.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
We have taken great care that your visit to our website is a positive one and that your privacy is always respected.